RV insurance can protect your motorhome, travel trailer, camper, and even your horse trailer if you cause injury or damage to others and can also help cover the cost of damages to your vehicle if an accident occurs. You can choose from a variety of coverages depending on whether you use your vehicle recreationally or as a full-time residence. Additionally, if you are driving a motorhome, you will need separate liability coverage, but if you are pulling a travel trailer on the back of your vehicle, you will not need a separate policy because your trailer should be covered by your auto insurance policy. When you purchase RV insurance, your InsureOnline.com agent will ask you questions about you, your RV, and how often you use it to help you select coverages that are right for you.
Here are some things to consider when shopping for recreational vehicle insurance:
- RVs that are for personal, recreational use can be insured for up to 250 days per year.
- Liability coverage provides you with bodily injury and property damage coverage, medical payments, uninsured coverage and more. Coverage varies by state.
You may be able to choose how your Comprehensive and Collision coverage will be settled in the event of a covered total loss. Options tailored to your needs can include:
- Stated Value - market value/actual cash value of the RV
- Agreed Value – the insured amount, regardless of the current market value
- Replacement Cost – we will replace your insured RV with a new RV that is most like it
- Consider Vacation Liability coverage for when you stop driving and start using your recreational vehicle as a temporary residence. Some policies can include additional coverage for physical damage in Mexico.
- Some policies include Roadside Assistance, which has you covered 24/7 in the event of a breakdown or accident. Some will even allow you to upgrade the coverage to include lodging, transportation and meal coverage if needed.
- Discounts can lower your premium. Ask us at InsureOnline.com whether you qualify for safe driver discounts, original owner discounts, package discounts and more.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
Your RV insurance can cover a variety of different aspects, depending on how you use it. The following are typically standard coverages with most RV policies:
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
- Uninsured Motorist
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Limited Property Damage
- Property Protection
Interested in getting a quote for your RV? Contact an InsureOnline.com agent to get a quote today!
InsureOnline.com is a digital insurance agency that provides affordable insurance to consumers who want to shop and purchase insurance online while still having the option to work with an agent if they wish. The agency offers auto, home, life, health, and commercial as well as other specialty lines of insurance. Our goal is to provide an easy, fast, convenient, and safe online shopping experience for consumers looking for the best price by utilizing all the latest and greatest technology. Based in Bedford Park, IL, we are licensed to write business in 48 states and have a multilingual staff licensed and certified in a variety of insurance lines. We partner with many highly rated insurance companies to provide the best insurance solutions to help meet your individual needs and your budget. Buy insurance online or talk to a licensed insurance agent! It’s your choice.
For information and quotes on insurance coverage, please visit InsureOnline.com or call (844) 358-5605.